2014 - 2018
Albert Heijn is the largest dutch supermarket chain and market leader in online groceries. Albert Heijn Online operates several websites and apps and fulfills the delivery of about 100.000 online orders per week for consumers and businesses.
From 2014 to 2018 Handmade operated the on-site full time design team of Albert Heijn Online. I was part of the 6 headed team and lead the team from 2016 until 2018.
In close cooperation with Albert Heijn's UX manager, concept developers and development teams, the design team was responsible for all improvements and features of their online ecosystem, of which are the highlights:
– Design language and redesign
– Strategic presentations on design and user experience
– Integration of corporate site and webshops
– Brand new tablet and phone apps
– Improvements of shopping experience (e.g. shopping list prediction, check-in and check-out, on-click order edits, budget monitors, etc)
– Food value insights